THE 26TH The JSAM Symposium “26th TECHNO FESTA”
(December 10th, 2021 Online held by Zoom)
“The future of agriculture and food through the realization of agricultural data integration”
The Techno Festa, which started in 1996 with the aim of improving technical skills and stimulating socialization and friendship among of engineers and researchers in the field of agricultural machinery, is now in its 26th year.
The Techno Festa symposium will also be held online as a means of preventing the spread of the new corona virus.
This year’s symposium will focus on “The future of agriculture and food through the realization of agricultural data integration” and include topics related to open science and special API sessions with speakers from overseas. We will endeavor to share information with many people, including the participants from overseas. Simultaneous interpretation in English and Japanese will be given.
- Date and Time: Friday, December 10th, 2021 13:00 to 18:00 (JST)
- Online ZOOM with English and Japanese simultaneous interpretation
- Organized by The Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery and Food Engineers (JSAM) in cooperation with Institute of Agricultural Machinery, NARO
- Theme: The future of agriculture and food through the realization of agricultural data integration
- Programs (tentative):
- Keynote Speech (13:00 to 14:00, with Japanese-English simultaneous interpretation)
International trends of Open Science, with discussion on future perspective of agricultural and regional data management
by Dr. Yasuhiro Murayama, the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
- Breakout Sessions (14:00 to 17:15)
[Part 1] 14:00 to 15:30
1-1. API Special Session 1
- Data-Driven agriculture in the U.S.(ADC operation and data management system)
by Mr. Ben Craker, Agricultural Data Coalition (USA)
- Actual data-driven agriculture in Japan from the view of AgGateway Asia (tentative)
by Mr. Yasuyuki Hamada, Agri Info Design, Ltd.
- Panel Discussion
Dr. Yasuhiro Murayama, the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology (NICT)
Mr. Ben Craker, Agricultural Data Coalition (USA)
Mr. Yasuyuki Hamada, Agri Info Design, Ltd.
(Moderator)Dr. Shiho Oda, Norinchukin Research Institute
1-4. International Exchange Session
“Sustainable agriculture and food supply system in Asia”
- Coordinator discussion
by Dr. Tofael Ahamed, Tsukuba University
- Profile of “selective” mechanization technology to strengthen data-driven Indonesian agriculture system
by Dr. Lilik Sutiarso, Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Current situation of postharvest technology in Thailand
by Dr. Varit Srilaong, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
[Part 2] 15:45 to 17:15
2-1. API Special Session 2 (The same speakers as First Part)
III．Extended Question-and-Answer Session (17:30 to 18:00)
- Participation fees
Overseas participants: Free
- The Japanese Society of Agricultural Machinery and Food Engineers
e-mail address : office(☆)j-sam.org
Please change (☆) to @.